Friday, October 5, 2007

Feast Day of Saint Faustina Kowalska

Today, October 5th, is the Feast Day of St. Faustina. As I reflect on this beautiful saint, I smile and remember my visit to her church, St. Casmir's in Swinice Warckie, Poland. This was the place where St. Faustina was baptized, made her first Confession, first Communion and obtained her initial calling to the consecrated life.

As I prayed in this holy church, I envisioned a humble, holy child of God, Helena Kowalska, who longed for the religious life.


I could not help but wonder if, as a small child, she knew deep down in her soul one day she would do great things for God.


St. Faustina had a special devotion to Jesus truly present in the Blessed Sacrament. Today at Mass, I offered my Communion for those who are in need of God's mercy.


I asked this humble saint who sees the face of God, to intercede for all those who may not be trusting in God's mercy. In the midst of a great storm it is sometimes hard to say,"Jesus, I trust in You!"


But IF we do, no matter how turbulent the waters might be, God will bless us with His amazing grace.


So today I reflect on her death and the day St. Faustina Kowalska was called home to Jesus.

Here is a photo of the room where she passed away at the convent of the Sister's of Our Lady of Mercy in Krakow, Poland.

May St. Faustina continue to pray for all those who seek her intercession and may God bless us with His unfathomable Divine Mercy!

Peace,

Kathy

No comments: