Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Sight of the Angels


"In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord." (Ps. 138)

I want to reflect on a few stories about angels in order to prepare for the feast of the Holy Angels on September 29th. It is through these powerful angels that God grants us His mercy. Out of love, God's angels deliver messages and carry out His commands.

Taken from an excerpt of Open My Eyes, it states: "I began to contemplate this sense of peace that came over my mother through the grace of an angel. Peace...harmony, calmness, serenity, tranquility and contentment; her angel brought all this and more to someone who desperately needed to feel God's presence and His love. My mother soon experienced great tribulations. Her guardian angel came to deliver many treasures of grace from a merciful God."

My mother was graced by God to see her Guardian Angel. Not many of us see our angels, but we do know they are always present.

Several months ago my daughter ran a marathon in California. I was not able to accompany her on this journey, but I knew during her run I wanted to pray before Jesus present in the Blessed Sacrament.

As she began this long and grueling task, I entered the Adoration Chapel to pray. A strong "sense of urgency" came over me and a need to offer intense prayer for my daughter.

Suddenly, I thought of the angels!

In the presence of the Lord I asked Him to round up as many angels as He possibly could and send them to my daughter's side. I asked her own Guardian Angel to protect her and keep her safe from all harm. Totally unknown to me, at this exact same time she was seeking treatment for dehydration. She probably would be unable to complete the run.

Not to worry...the angels came to her rescue!

After only a short period of rest and hydration, my daughter re-entered and finished the race!

God uses His celestial angels in amazing ways. It might be through a feeling or a sense of urgency; whatever means God may use, His angels will deliver a message of mercy.

May we constantly be under the attentive care of the angels as they help us on our spiritual journey.

And may we offer prayers of thanksgiving to God for their heavenly assistance!

Peace,

Kathy


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many years ago I learned of Padre Pio's devotion to the angels and how he urged us to use them. At the time I had a young child who needed to behave better in class. I asked my angels to go to his angels (as Padre Pio said), to speak to my child, telling him to be really well-behaved. After two days of this, my little boy brought home a good citizen award! There are too many examples to even write them all!

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was reading kathy's profile about how she sits at the bedside of the dying. I was wondering if she ever reads them "The Three beautifull Prayers" I have sat with and comforted the dying and make it a point to read these prayers over them. They are in the Paieta prayerbook and also on-line. Just type the three beautifull prayers into your search bar. and read about their benifits. Thank you---Maria

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathy ~TOG said...

Thank you Maria for your story about the angels and also the information about the "three beautiful prayers".

God bless you!
Kathy

Unknown said...

Special Intentions :
Widow problems what I m facing
Stress
Lonliness
Jobless
Finance
My Son Job, Promation, Health, Stress what he is going through
My Brother's Health and Hhis family
My Brother who has been missing for so many years
Thx and God Bless and keep us in prayers and my Brothers and Sisters and the whole world in prayers at all times