Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Remember

"Open my eyes, O merciful God, and let me see with the eyes of Jesus. In my most difficult moments, let me think only of the love and peace of heaven...I pray for all the souls of my family members who have gone before me. May the warmth of God's love shine forever on their face." (Open My Eyes)

My sister and I share a common bond...we both have babies interceding for us in heaven. This is a passage from the book Open My Eyes, describing my mother's vision of the babies God took home to heaven so many years ago.

A few weeks after her admittance into the nursing facility, my mother told my sister and me that she could see our heavenly babies. She recognized that they were in the room with us.

"Jessica is here," she said.

"And Kathy, your two baby boys are here also. I can see them. They remain at your shoulders, following you everywhere around the room. Climb into my bed and get close to me so I can touch them because they will not leave you."

Honoring her wishes, we climbed into her bed. My sister and I managed to get as close to my mother as we possibly could. Unable to hold back the tears, we wept as my mother spoke about the babies God took home to heaven so many years ago...


Mom...may the warmth of God's love shine forever on your face.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog..