Friday, September 14, 2007

Going Fishing


Today, I am going fishing.

I will cast my nets in hopes of catching not the gentle inhabitants of the sea, but someone who is in desperate need of God's mercy.

I had the opportunity to receive God's mercy from the hands of those who truly know and love Him. My grandson Jude was admitted into the hospital with Cystic Fibrosis on July 26th. He remains there today, trying to build enough strength to come home to the embracing arms of his family.

His mother and father keep constant vigils at his side, always making him aware that he is not traveling alone on this path God is taking him.

It may be stormy; it may be turbulent. But he is not alone. His parents are with him all the way.

And so is God.

Many of our friends and family have shown us their love by helping out with meals and babysitting Jude's big sister Joscelyn. It is through these acts of mercy that God gives us strength to endure each and every day. It is through these acts of love that I feel God's presence.

So today I want to give back in some way. How can I show compassion and kindness to someone in need? Who is it Lord, that I may help today? Please show me how to spread Your mercy, however vast or minute the act may be.




Yes, today before the sun goes down I will have hauled in my nets in the hopes of catching only one small fish...someone in need of God's love.

Think of one act of mercy you can perform today, however big or small it may be. It will make God smile!



Peace,
Kathy