Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We Can All Become Saints!

What is a saint? (Words of Pope Benedict XVI)

The saint is the person who is so fascinated by the beauty of God and by his perfect truth as to be progressively transformed by it.

Because of this beauty and truth, he is ready to renounce everything, even himself.

Love of God is enough for him, experienced in humble and disinterested service to one's neighbor, especially towards those who cannot give back in return.

Like the disciples of Emmaus, whose hearts were kindled by the words of the Risen One and enlightened by his living presence recognized in the breaking of the bread, who hurriedly returned to Jerusalem and became messengers of Christ's Resurrection, we too must take up the path again, enlivened by the fervent desire to witness to the mystery of this love that gives hope to the world.

Benedictus
Pope Benedict XVI

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a lovley post....

I have your blog saved in my favourites and I do pop in at times to read the stories here - You have a beautiful blog.

Recently I was given an award - Premio Dardos - for my blog and part of that award is to pass it on to other blogs. I have listed your blog as one of them. This is my first and it's probably an unusual thing here but I'd love to pass it on to your blog too if you're happy to accept it.
God Bless,
Elena

Kathy ~TOG said...

Hello Elena,

Thank you for your kind words and I would humbly accept your award.

How do I accept it? Is there anything I need to do?

Thank you Elena and God bless you as well.

Peace,
Kathy