Friday, October 31, 2008

Spreading God's Mercy

Tenth Anniversary of My Mother's Death

As I reflect on the 10th anniversary of my mother's passing, I thank God that He used her beautiful death to "open my eyes" to see God's mercy. In ten years, we have been able to reach so many people who needed the knowledge of God's love for them.

What a great gift this was for my entire family! To be witnesses to the greatness of God and His love for all His children.

This woman, even though she was small in stature, represented great strength throughout her entire lifetime.

She is sadly missed but her memory lives in all who where fortunate to know and love her.

As our Divine Mercy prayer group continues to take this prayer (The Chaplet of Divine Mercy) to the bedside of the sick and dying, we ask for your support through prayer. It is only by means of your prayers and God's good grace that we are able to continue this ministry.

Pray for those who will die today, especially those who have no one to pray for them, that God will be their merciful Saviour.

May God, Who is rich in mercy, continue to inspire all His children to be great apostles of Divine Mercy!

Jesus, I Trust in You!

"At the beginning of my religious life, suffering and adversities frightened and disheartened me. So I prayed continuously, asking Jesus to strengthen me and to grant me the power of His Holy Spirit that I might carry out His holy will in all things, because from the beginning I have been aware of my weakness. I know very well what I am of myself, because for this purpose Jesus has opened the eyes of my soul." ~ Diary of St. Faustina Kowalska

God bless you always,





3 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

I'm sorry for your loss Kathy. Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy ~TOG said...

Thank you Esther!

Please keep our ministry in your prayers.

God Bless,
Kathy

John Michael said...

I didn't notice this before, but your Mom died on my Dad's birthday.

Small world.

JMJ