Sunday, August 10, 2008

Jesus Visits Our Soul

Do you know how to recognize the moments in which Jesus visits your soul?

How do I know when our Lord visits my soul?

I am still trying to improve ways to recognize Jesus dwelling in my heart.

It may be through a word that I read or heard.

Sometimes when I am a reading Sacred Scripture or other spiritual books, I stumble across a word or phrase that touches my heart. And I know this is not by chance; I know this is Jesus.

It may be through an interior inspiration.

Once in a while, I will feel inspired to say or do something. After taking it to prayer, I wait to feel the peace of Christ. If the inspiration is still there, I know it is from God.

A new light which makes me see my faults.

God may reveal one or more of my faults in order that I may improve on removing them (or at least try to) from my life. He may make me totally aware of my sinfulness and through His grace, help me to be a better person.

Jesus can and will visit our soul if we are open to letting Him in. When He visits our soul, it is a grace. Time spent with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is a wonderful way to allow Jesus to enter your heart.

"My love, reign in the most secret recesses of my heart, there where my most secret thoughts are conceived, where You alone have free access, in this deepest sanctuary where human thought cannot penetrate. May You alone dwell there, and may everything I do exteriorly takes its origin in You. I ardently desire, and I am striving with all the strength of my soul, to make You, Lord, feel at home in this sanctuary." ~ St. Faustina ~ Diary 1721

Jesus, may You always feel at home when You visit my soul!





No comments: